The Berry Street School is a specialist independent secondary school for young people whose learning needs and behaviours need more support than in a mainstream school.
Students wishing to attend the Berry Street School must be of secondary school age and meet the following criteria:
- show evidence that mainstream education is not appropriate:
- have a history of disrupted learning and sustained school absence due to school refusal, suspension and/or expulsions
- have not responded to interventions and supports provided in a mainstream setting
- experience social and/or emotional difficulties
- have experienced adverse childhood experiences
- want to be enrolled at the Berry Street School and agree to follow the School’s Code of Conduct, as well as other policies and procedures.
Please note, the school does not accept students on an international student visa as it does not hold the Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS) registration.
Get in touch
To find out more about enrolling a young person at the Berry Street School, please fill in the enquiry form below.