Berry Street is one of Australia’s largest independent family service organisations and has been operating since 1877.
The Berry Street School believes all children have the right to a high quality education that prepares them to achieve their full potential and go into their future with confidence and hope.
The first Berry Street School campus opened in 2003 in Noble Park as a response to local need. The school has since grown to 4 campuses in areas where demand for a specialist school was high:
- Noble Park
Our school over the years
- 2003: the Berry Street School opens with its first campus in Noble Park
- 2006: Morwell campus opens
- 2012: Shepparton campus opens
- 2015: the Berry Street Education Model (BSEM) launches and is rolled out at the school as our model for wellbeing and student engagement
- 2017: Ballarat campus opens.
From these humble beginnings with a small campus in Melbourne's south east, we are now a thriving school, with more than 70 staff supporting 170 students from years 7 to 12.
The future of our school
At the Berry Street School, all our staff are passionate about giving young people the best possible education and learning environment so they can thrive and reach their full potential. Going forward, we are looking to continuously improve to continue supporting young people across Victoria who need specialist learning support.